Using Patient Claims Data to Model & Risk Stratify the U.S. Asthma Population
This is a members only resource. If you would like to learn more about PMSA membership, click here.
Asthma presents a large burden to the U.S. healthcare system:
- Estimated prevalence of 26 million
- Annual health expenditure of approximately $50B
- Severe flare-ups account for 1.7 million emergency department visitsannually
An unmet need for more advanced treatment persists.
In this webinar, Pfizer and Veeva will discuss how they modeled asthma exacerbation risk factors. Using longitudinal medical and pharmacy claims data, they investigated:
- The landscape of asthma in the U.S.
- COVID-19-related trends
- Which risk factors predict asthma exacerbations across all providersettings
Their findings show how patient data can be integral to identifying the right patient sub-groups for drug development and to inform better disease management strategies for patients.
- Andres Quintero, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., Global Medical Affairs Director, Glucocorticoid Portfolio Lead, Pfizer
- Patryk Skowron, Ph.D., Data Scientist, Veeva Systems - Commercial Analytics